Letter from Our President 2020-2021
AUGUST 1, 2020
As the state of Hawaii battles with unprecedented challenges presented by COVID-19, it is with great honor I begin my term as President of the American Marketing Association Hawaii Chapter. As we push forward and prepare for the upcoming AMA Hawaii board year, I feel blessed and grateful to our members, board members, committee members and volunteers that have helped us sustain and promote AMA Hawaii to professional marketers throughout the state.
Each day is bringing significant challenges and pressures on the operations of many businesses and in these times, organizations and communities need to come together more than ever. We stand as a chapter that will execute our vision and mission as the piko (center) of all things marketing in Hawaii. We hope to connect our marketing community in these tough times and provide valuable resources to all of our members and community partners.
As we enter our 50th year as a chapter, we are looking forward to many things including:
- Building a robust membership base through greatly discounted annual fees
- Incorporating Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) within our bylaws and strategic plan
- Producing innovating events on trending topics in a safe and healthy environment
- Connecting with our members online with our redesigned website, monthly newsletter and social media platforms
- Providing our members with local affiliate benefits
- Sharing special market insights from professionals, locally and nationally
- Actively running a competitive job board, locally and nationally
For the safety and health of our members and panelists, we made the choice to forgo our 2nd Pacific Marketing Conference scheduled for May 2020. We truly applaud our immediate past-president, Chelsea Tsuchida for making that commendable decision for the betterment of our audience and participants. We have decided to plan for #PMC2021 and move forward with intentions to host a first ever virtual conference next year.
A big mahalo to all of you who have continued your AMA membership throughout the years and to our new members who have joined our organization amid the economic challenges. More than ever, we invite you to stay connected with us through our social media channels and online outlets (Website, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn).
Whether it is on a virtual platform or in person, it will be an exciting, creative and fulfilling year; and I am humbled by the opportunity to lead in these times.
Cheers to another AMAzing year!
Annette Lee, President
American Marketing Association Hawaii