Navigating Through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion | How Brands Can Help Shape the Future
SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
A Live Webinar with Ad 2 Hawaii & AMA Hawaii
About this Event
The imperative for brands to respond to social justice issues has never been greater, as the Black Lives Matter movement fuels a wider conversation about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Advertising and Marketing professionals, responsible for creating content that meet business targets while aligning with CSR goals, must navigate carefully to ensure cohesive, authentic messaging to internal and external clients.
Join this live webinar designed to inspire and inform marketing and advertising professionals about the challenges around DEI as brands seek to bring about historic and meaningful change. Our moderated panel includes national and local speakers representing different DEI communities:
- Michelle Ngome – President of African American Marketing Association
- Dan Epstein – President & CEO of Special Olympics Hawaii
- Dr. Akiemi Glenn – Executive Director of The Pōpolo Project
- Francine Beppu – Board Member of Honolulu Pride and Network Strategy Director at NMG Network
Our panelists will share the challenges their communities face when it comes to representation on the local and national levels, examples of how brands have gotten it right – and wrong – when representing or speaking to their community, and some key takeaways that you can bring back to your organization.
Following the panel, we will have a Q&A session to address questions posed by the audience.
Date & Time
Thu, September 24, 2020
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM HST
Upon registration and/or payment for this event on Eventbrite, you will immediately receive two separate follow-up emails:
- A confirmation email from Eventbrite
- An email with a link to the webinar from Ad 2 Hawaii/Zoom
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.