Beyond Pride: Allyship And Authenticity In Marketing
October 27, 2021
How do you ensure a more accurate and genuine representation in the content and stories you create?
About this event
“The days of simply slapping a rainbow on your packaging and calling yourself ‘LGBT-friendly’ are long gone.”
– Justin Nelson, president and co-founder, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
Creating an authentic connection with the LGBTQ+ community requires brands to have a deeper understanding of this diverse and dynamic consumer group, and to take more ongoing action, advocacy and inclusion. How do you ensure a more accurate and genuine representation in the content and stories you create?
Join the conversation with our panel of speakers who are leading the way in managing challenges around DEI and creating initiatives for meaningful change in their organizations and communities. You will gain insights on:
- Best practices for creating thoughtful, inclusive marketing and advertising content year-round;
- How brands can become a true ally and ensure visibility in an authentic way;
- Guidelines for success when speaking to and representing the LGBTQ+ community;
- Actions your business can take to improve equality within your own organization and with your employees.
Participants are welcome to ask questions throughout the discussion.
Date & Time
Wed, October 27, 2021
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM HST
Meet Our Panel Speakers
- Francine Beppu – VP Network Strategy, NMG Network, and Chairperson, Hawaii LGBT Legacy Foundation (Honolulu Pride)
- Randy Soriano – Marketing Manager, Title Guaranty of Hawaii, and Board Director, Hawai’i Health & Harm Reduction Center
- Gail Abrena-Agas – A&B Pride Founder and Chair, and Senior Property Manager, Alexander & Baldwin
- Brynn Rovito – Owner and Founder, Vida Mia and StayAboard Hawaii
- FREE for AMA members and students
- $5 for members of AMA Hawaii Partners (AAF, Hawaii, Ad2 Hawaii, AIGA Honolulu, PRSA Hawaii, and SME Honolulu)
- $10 for Non-members