Letter from Our President
It may be July, but it’s also our “new year” and we say a heartfelt mahalo to our outgoing board members and a warm welcome to our new leaders.
Our past president, Tammy Chang along with the support of the board, has led our chapter to much success this last year including a new annual workshop for our community’s non-profits, continued membership growth, a new website and logo as well as a successful Marketer of the Year awards event. Thank you so much Tammy and the 2013-2014 board for helping to build a strong foundation for our local chapter.
As we enter into our 44th year, we are looking forward to continuing to develop our membership base, creating and hosting engaging events on timely topics, and offering our members more visibility in the community. We’re also looking at new and innovative ways to continue to have our members engage in events — volunteers are always needed!
A big mahalo to all of you who have continued your AMA membership throughout the years and to our new members who have found us amidst the many great professional organizations here in Hawaii. We invite you to stay connected to us through our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter), our new website and monthly events. If you would like to share any great ideas or feedback that you have on how we are doing, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Cheers to another great year with AMA Hawaii!
Director of Communications and Business Development, USS Missouri Memorial Association
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Moving to Hawaii and leaving everything behind, including family, friends and my first “real” job. Having lived on the east coast my entire life, Hawaii just seemed like a paradise far, far away. I never thought that I could combine my passion for beautiful beaches and a blossoming career – but here I am.
What is your motto?
Work hard, play hard. I’m a passionate believer in a strong work/life balance.
In your role – what does success look like?
Change, progress and forward thinking. Working for an already successful organization, it’s all about staying ahead of the curve and looking at what opportunities are available in both the present and future.
What is your company’s philosophy/approach to marketing?
Try it! Luckily our marketing strategy allows us to adjust as needed. While we certainly do our homework and stick with ‘what works,’ we aren’t afraid to try something new.
Save the Date!
August Event – Beer Tasting with AMA Hawaii
Join us for an after work pau hana at the new Honolulu Beerworks and mix and mingle with local professionals!
Wednesday, August 20
6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(328 Cooke St.)
Our Pau Hana Summer Mixer was a hit with local marketing professionals mixing and mingling at the new eleven44.
American Marketing Association Hawaii Announces
2014-2015 Board of Directors
The Hawaii chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA Hawaii) introduced the new members of its 2014-2015 board of directors today. These members are volunteers from the local marketing community who are elected to lead AMA Hawaii in its efforts to support their fellow local marketers.
“This year’s board of directors includes both new and old faces with professionals representing marketing in different companies and sectors around the state,” said Lisette Gonzalez, AMA Hawaii president. “We look forward to working together to continue to serve Hawaii’s marketing community with innovative resources, professional development and networking opportunities.”
The AMA Hawaii 2014-2015 board of directors includes:
- President: Lisette Gonzalez (Marketing Communications Officer, Bank of Hawaii)
- President-Elect: Malia Chung (Online Marketing, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel & The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort)
- Immediate Past President: Tammy Chang (Consultant)
- Secretary: Zanette Choy (Account Executive, Core Group One)
- Treasurer: Gordon Tom (Assurance & Advisory Services Manager, KMH LLP)
- Membership: Katie Vanes (Account Executive, Becker Communications) and Kim Yuen (Marketing Director, Bay View Mini-Putt and Zipline)
- Programming: Bryant Cabrera (Management Trainee, Enterprise Rent-A-Car) and Chaslee Ikawa (Marketing and Communications Coordinator, USS Missouri Memorial Association)
- Communications: Crystal Yamasaki (President, Crystal Clear Communications)
- Collegiate Relations: Leilani Pemberton (Account Executive, TLC PR)
- Internet: John Tapper (Digital Marketing Manager, American Savings Bank)
- MOY Events: Marichris Diga-Lazo (Account Executive, JB Brands) and Casie Bui (Marketing Communications Manager, Aloha Petroleum)
- Additional Board Members: Paul Dyson (Vice President of Marketing and Sales, USS Missouri Memorial Association) and Jaclyn Hawse (Director of Communications & Business Development, USS Missouri Memorial Association)
American Marketing Association Hawaii’s 2014-2015 board of directors.
The American Marketing Association group membership program provides you and your colleagues with the industry’s most comprehensive resource to stay on top of the latest innovations and trends in the marketing world. With it, your group can develop and evolve from a collection of strong parts into a well-oiled marketing machine.