FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HONOLULU, HAWAII (June 28, 2016) — The Hawaii chapter of the American Marketing Association Hawaii (AMA Hawaii) today announced the new members of its 2016-2017 board of directors. These members are volunteers from the local marketing community who are elected to lead AMA Hawaii in its efforts to promote and support marketing professionals in Hawaii.
“This year’s board of directors includes both new and old faces with professionals representing marketing in different companies and sectors around the state,” said Samantha Tsui, AMA Hawaii president. “We look forward to working together to continue to serve Hawaii’s marketing community with innovative resources, professional development and networking opportunities.”
The AMA Hawaii 2016-2017 board of directors includes:
- President: Samantha Tsui (Becker Communications)
- President-Elect: Marichris Diga-Lazo (Co-Curate)
- Immediate Past President: Malia Zannoni (Starwood Hotels)
- Secretary: Zanette Choy (Core Group One)
- Treasurer: Gordon Tom (KMH LLP)
- Communications: Crystal Yamasaki (Crystal Clear Communications)
- Programming: Taryn Bohan (Becker Communications) and Chelsea Tsuchida (Nella Media Group)
- Marketer of the Year: Rachel Gibson (Sullivan Family of Companies) and Gina Baurile (American Savings Bank)
- Membership: Kim Yuen (Bay View Mini-Putt and Zipline) and Chaslee Ikawa (USS Missouri)
- Collegiate Relations: Toby Yamasahiro (Carlsmith Ball)
- Web: Wilbur Wong (Becker Communications)
Additionaly, AMA Hawaii has created a new subcommittee that will focus on mentorship events through introducing college students and young professionals to careers in marketing. This subcommittee will be led by Judith Brieger and Marlon Sarmiento of 50/50 Agency.
For more information on AMA Hawaii please visit www.amahawaii.org or follow AMA Hawaii on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AMAHawaii or on Twitter and Instagram at @amahawaii.
ABOUT AMA HAWAII
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in the United States. It is a professional association for individuals and organizations involved in the practice, teaching and study of marketing worldwide. It is also the source that marketers turn to every day for information/resources, education/training and professional networking. AMA members are connected to a network of experienced marketers nearly 40,000 strong and include leading marketing academics, researchers and practitioners from every industry. The AMA Hawaii professional chapter was established in July 1970.
# # #